Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Week 7- Mariela

Good bye, New York!

These seven weeks went by in a blink of an eye! I can't believe I'm already heading back to Ithaca. Spending the summer at NYC, meeting so many new people, and learning so many new techniques... It has been an absolute privilege.

The last day at the clinic was actually the most interesting day I had seen. I was able to follow along the progression of a particular patient that I had been seeing since the first week. There was also follow up with a patient with a peculiar case, being quite young with prostate cancer. I wrapped up with Dr. Nanus and thanked him for his time and expertise. Plus, also promised to send him my lab presentation and my poster, as he wouldn't be able to see them.

I was also able to present my summer work to my lab. It was quite flattered when they kept talking about where my project could go and what else I could do before they realized that I was leaving so soon. I feel quite satisfied with my work. While I didn't find results, I hope that the protocols I designed and the samples I collected and processed get them a few steps ahead in their research.

Fun in New York: The final Immersion dinner was full of good food and fun conversations. One last hooray before heading back to Ithaca!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 7- Chase Webb

Since this post is coming after the conclusion of the immersion experience, I wanted to take the time to reflect on it as a whole. Overall, ...