Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Week 7 - Leigh

Having been in NYC for such a short time, I am remarkably glad to be going back to Ithaca. While some of the reasons for my happiness in returning to Ithaca stem from feelings toward the city itself, I also have a much different perspective on my normal day-to-day coming out of this program. Seeing how much of the medical system functions, both from the perspective of medical students, and of clinicians, has made me evaluate what aspects of my life I prefer, and which I'd be okay with swapping with someone in the medical field. Of course, if I were to conclude that I'd rather swap most things in favor of the medical student's life, perhaps I would reconsider my career in research. Surely, some people, after going through this program, will start looking at how involved the applications are to various medical programs, weighing their options, seeing how they might transition out of their doctoral work into medical school, or some related discipline. At least as of now, I would not count myself a part of that camp, which is to say I still think I prefer my choice to pursue a doctoral degree.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 7- Chase Webb

Since this post is coming after the conclusion of the immersion experience, I wanted to take the time to reflect on it as a whole. Overall, ...