Monday, July 22, 2019

Week 6 - Charlie

The summer is almost gone- only one week left. I'm going to miss the city! In terms of my clinical research, I think I have hit a bit of a wall that I won't have time to climb over in my remaining week. I believe I have achieved my initial goal- a program that calculates precision and accuracy of rTMS- but I haven't confirmed that the program works with empirical data. Ideally, I would want to use fMRI and perhaps EMG to confirm that an M1 stimulation marked as successful in my program is indeed successful. I think experimental confirmation of this would take well over a month at least, which is time I do not have.Therefore, my final week here will be occupied with documentation. I want to leave the clinicians here with all of the information they need to operate my software, as well as understand how it works and how I based my ideas. Dr. Marei is talking about writing a paper on my project. The prospect is intimidating considering I only have a week here, but I suppose anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 7- Chase Webb

Since this post is coming after the conclusion of the immersion experience, I wanted to take the time to reflect on it as a whole. Overall, ...